Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Can You Sing, Cowboy?


Today Wild Woman Author is pleased to welcome Lauri Robinson who brings Heather Gibson-Dugan, from Sing to Me, Cowboy a May release from The Wild Rose Press' Honky Tonk Hearts Series.  Don't forget--the author who garners the most visitor wins a tote bag from Kat's Kustom Karry-Alls. Let's put Lauri and Heather in the running!!
    What is “Sing to Me, Cowboy” about, Heather? Oh, goodness, it's proof I’m the luckiest girl on earth. I was so stubborn, so foolish, but Lance never gave up on me, not once, and I love him all the more for it.
    What did you think the first time you saw Lance? It as ten years ago, when we were still in high school, and I thought he was downright dreamy. I had such a crush on him and prayed nightly that he’d ask me out. He never did, though.
    What was your second thought? That he was utterly dreaming. I still think so. Though there was a time I tried to hate him.
    Did you think it was love at first sight? Definitely. It just took me ten years to admit it, or maybe to convince him it was.
    What do you like most about Lance? Everything. As you will, too, when you read the story, but ladies, beware, he’s mine.
    How would you describe him? In one word? Mine. Oh, I already said that. How about dreamy? I said that, too. Well, Lance is, Lance. He’s not the most popular country western singer for no reason. He’s perfect. He’s real. He’s down to earth, wholesome, honest, a real genuine person. And he’s mine. All mine.
    How would he describe you? The love of his life. He’s says it to me all the time, but I also see it in his eyes, in his actions. The way he holds my hand or touches my cheek. Ultimately, I know it’s true. I am the love of his life as he is mine. He might also say I’m a bit bull-headed and can be very ornery, especially while pregnant.
    What do you think made Lance choose singing as a profession? I don’t know that Lance did choose it, it was more like it chose him. He’s a natural, and the way he sings his songs, they literally talk to you. That’s what happened to me. It was one of his songs that made me wake up and decide to take my life into my own hands. If not for him…Well, let’s just say I’m who I am because of him. And I love who I am, now.
    What is your biggest fear? I’ve already lived through my biggest fear, and survived because of Lance. With him at my side, I have no fears.
    How do you relax? By having my favorite cowboy sing to me.
    Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Cinderella, because I’m her, living my happy ever after.
    What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Secrets can destroy you. We all have the courage to face them. Find it.

Now it's Kat's turn to ask the author: Tell us a bit about this series. What attracted you to write for it? Was this your first series or are you a vet of this type of story telling? How easy [or difficult] is it to write for a series?
Lauri Robinson: I was so excited to see the request for stories for the Honky Tonk Hearts Series. I’d had Lance and Heather’s story rolling around in my head for some time, but since I normally write historical romances, I wasn’t sure if it would ever find a home. This was the first time I attempted to write for a series that includes several authors and I’m so glad I did. It’s been so much fun to be a part of Honky Tonk Hearts. I’m enjoying reading all of the stories as much as I enjoyed writing Sing to Me, Cowboy.


To learn more about Lauri Robinson and the stories he/she creates go to: www.laurirobinson.blogspot.com
To purchase Sing to Me, Cowboy go to:




9 comments:

Lauri said...

Thanks, Kat, for inviting me over today!

Lisa Scott said...

Congrats on the new release! Was the transition from historical to contemporary difficult? And have you ever dated a cowboy?

Lauri said...

Thanks, Lisa! Actually, the transition was easier than I thought! There was still research to be done, but not as extensive as writing historicals. My first date with my hubby, well over thirty years ago, was to go horseback riding. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stacy D. Holmes, Editor said...

I have a soft spot for singing cowboys :)

Lauri said...

Stacy, you have a soft spot for cowboys,period!

Jannine Gallant said...

This story is packed with emotion. Lance and Heather won't disappoint you.

Maddy said...

How brave of you to try a new genre. All the best with your book promo.

Margo Hoornstra said...

Another one on my TBR list. Sounds like a fantastic story. Nice teasers in the interview.

Lauri said...

Thanks, Jannine!

Thanks, Maddy, it turned out to be a lot of fun! Thanks for stopping by.

I hope you enjoy it, Margo. I enjoyed the heroine interview. Kat is so creative!