Monday, July 9, 2012

The Morning After



Today, Wild Woman Author is pleased to welcome Brenda Whiteside and Abigail Martin from The Morning After, a July 4th release for the Honky Tonk Hearts series out of the Yellow Rose line for The Wild Rose Press, Inc.
Brenda: Hi, Kat and readers. I’d like to thank you, Kat, for having Abigail and me on your blog today. Abigail: I’d like to say thank you, also. And to Brenda – don’t stump me on this interview!
What is The Morning After about? It’s about spontaneity and love! And how that can change you.
Abigail, what did you think the first time you saw Bobby Stockwood? Oh, my gosh, I’m not sure I should tell you. The first time I saw him is a bit of a blank because I was…shall we say a bit tipsy? But the first time I remember seeing him was the morning after. I was shocked because there he was in my bed – a total stranger!
What was your second thought? Well, since all he wore was a bow tie and black socks, I was rather taken with his attractiveness. And the fact he’s a true redhead.
Did you think it was love at first sight? Not for me. It was shock at first sight. But it’s funny you ask because that’s exactly what Bobby claimed. He said when he set eyes on me the night before, it was love at first sight which is why he married me on the spot!
What do you like most about him? Bobby is such a romantic and sexy beyond belief. Sigh And he’s so spontaneous. And persistent with his romance. I’d hate to think if he hadn’t been like that.
How would you describe him? Well, like I said, romantic, sexy and spontaneous which is so much fun. Although he’s kind of pushy with what he wants. But we got that straightened out pretty early on. He’s not much taller than I am with gorgeous red hair, all wavy and thick. He has an auburn mustache and green eyes. And a great huggable body.
How would he describe you? Certainly not the way I really am. I’ve always considered myself rather ordinary – average height, average brown hair, girl next door face – you know. But not Bobby. He says I’m splendid, spirited and magnificent. Can’t keep his hands off of me either.
What made you choose a career in finance? It chose me. I have a degree in commercial photography but didn’t find a job in my field right away. This position opened, and money in the bank does help.
What is your biggest fear, Abigail? For a while, it was losing Bobby. I didn’t know everything about him. A gal has to have total honesty in a relationship. Now? Life is just too perfect to be fearful of anything.
How do you relax? We love to hang out at the Lonesome Steer Honky Tonk with a cold beer and listen to the country band on stage. Gus runs a great place there. We always run into friends. Lounging in bed with Bobby on his ranch isn’t a bad place to relax either.
Who is your favorite fictional character and why? I guess it’d be Scarlet O’Hara in Gone with the Wind. She’s oh so feminine and resourceful. I like her stubbornness and how she stood on her own. She was certainly ahead of her time.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received? That would be from my mother when I was sure I was losing Bobby. Quite simply, she told me: “Get a hold of Bobby Stockwood, Abigail. If you two love each other, it will all work out.” She made it so simple.
Kat's turn to ask Brenda: Tell us a bit about this series. What attracted you to write for it? I was in the middle of writing another book when TWRP put out the submission call for the Honky Tonk Hearts series. I’m a country girl at heart, and the description roped me in immediately. I had a short story I’d written years ago that never really clicked. I used the premise and changed the location to Amarillo and boom – it just flowed from me.
Was this your first series or are you a vet of this type of story telling? This is my first series book. I found it so easy that I’d love to see if I could do it again.
To learn more about Brenda and her writing go to:
Visit Brenda at www.brendawhiteside.com.
She blogs on the 9th and 24th of every month at http://rosesofprose.blogspot.com
She blogs about prairie life on her personal blog http://brendawhiteside.blogspot.com/
To purchase The Morning After go to: www.thewildrosepress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=175_141&products_id=4901

14 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Sounds like a great read. Just finished Nothing But Trouble. Onward!

Jannine Gallant said...

I'm looking forward to this book, Brenda. The premise is so entertaining!

Brenda Whiteside said...

Margo - It would be great fun to read all the books in the Honky Tonk Hearts series. Thanks for coming by.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks, Jannine!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Brenda, I've read every book in the series so far. Yours is next. Can't wait to get started on it. Ladies, this book is getting some awesome reviews...you don't want to miss this one!!

Brenda Whiteside said...

Oh, Vonnie, how fun. Thanks. Hope you enjoy!

Stacy D. Holmes, Editor said...

This is definately a fun story. Congratulations Brenda!

Brenda whiteside said...

Thank you, Stacy. You had a big hand in it!

Calisa Rhose said...

Great interview Brenda...er, Abigail. It was wonderful meeting you.

Brenda whiteside said...

The pleasure was all mine.
Abigail!

Jana Richards said...

Congrats on the new release Brenda. I love the cover!
Jana

Lauri said...

Congrats on an excellent story, Brenda! Great interview!

Donna Michaels said...

Great interview, Brenda! Wonderful job, Kat. I look forward to reading Abigail's story. It was great fun getting to know her a little bit on here.I'm thrilled to be a part of this series with you and the other wonderful HTH authors.

Cathy Tully said...

The cover is awsome, Brenda. Congrats :)

Cathy Tully